In the meantime, check out www.itsnotwhoiam.com, a great website by Sara, a 13-year-old whose was diagnosed with epilepsy at 16 months. She writes eloquently, does public education and has raised over $40,000 for epilepsy awareness. I'm in awe.
She describe her childhood with epilepsy:
I have been told that some people looked at me with pity in their eyes, while others looked at me with disgust. I have also been told about the difficult times I had when my parents tried to set up play dates with my friends. Some families did not want me to come to play at their homes because they were afraid I would have a seizure and they would not know what to do. These are just two of the things that caused personal stigma in my life. I know that others with epilepsy have experienced their own stigmas when it comes to others perceptions when it comes to their epilepsy. To this day some people still treat me different once I tell them I have epilepsy.
So clearly the bar is set high. The writing will return soon. Until then,

more cat pictures

2 comments:
I look at you weird because you're a derby girl and you have a nice a$$.
Epilepsy? I've dealt with people in seizure before. It isn't as big a deal for the people "dealing" with the epileptic as the person having the seizure. Wish more people would just plain get that.
Its not like you're contagious or anything. If you were, I could have an even longer list of excuses for my procrastination cat. :)
:)
MLE is awesomely
Post a Comment