3 O'Clock is the longest hour. Especially at work. Especially on Friday.
And it doesn't help that my brain is fuzzy.
So though I'm striving to dutifully work on my budget, carefully analyzing candidates for a pilot program, and preparing presentations for various trainings, I get a wee bit distracted.
And obsessive compulsive.
At the same time.
For example, my email inbox went through a tactical strike force led label and purge and then I stared out the window at the Hudson River for [undisclosed period of time at work that was certainly spent in productive reflection leading to awe inspiring innovations that will benefit humanity and make us bags of money].
I wouldn't have given a second though to the inability to focus mid-afternoon on a Friday a few months ago. After all, isn't Friday afternoon time wasting a Constitutionally protected right. I know we read a case in Con Law about it (Stickler v. Procrastinsen, 4:59 U.S. something or another). Now there is a whisper in my head that maybe the lack of focus is not time/date related.
Maybe it's me. Maybe it'll get worse. Harnessing my brain power to various projects is my livelihood. If the brain output is always frittered away on the internets or window gazing, I'll never accomplish anything, become a leech on society and grow ever more fascinated by my cats.
Maybe this lazy hazy touch of anxiety is a natural result of processing a big life change. Or maybe my future will involve more slippers, bathrobes, sparkle puffs and manipulating the hopes and dreams of furballs by wielding a can opener.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
to further solidify the "crazy cat lady lady" comparison, you should note that said crazy cat lady was once an attorney.
Side note, I know that you've burned a bunch of vacay days, but you are coming up on a year (I dunno if they will reset soon) and I was playing with the idea of suggesting a real vacation...I know I haven't had one in a decade...you?
Post a Comment